AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN CINEMA HISTORY AN AMERICAN MADE MOVIE SWAPS FANATICAL PATRIOTISM FOR BASIC HUMAN DECENCY EVEN THOUGH THE MOVIE ITSELF IS CALLED CAPTAIN AMERICA AND IT DOESN’T GET ANY MORE PATRIOTIC THAN THAT BUT MARVEL CHOSE A DIFFERENT PATH AND I’M THANKFUL FOR THAT pardon my capslock
I think that’s what’s so great about Steve. That he is what we as a country can only aspire to be. Kind of like how Superman inspires the human race, Captain America inspires his country to be better.
modern day icarus with burns on his back and full of bitterness and throws out cynicism but sometimes he just looks at the sun like it’s the best thing in the world (◡‿◡✿)
1/3 Colors ➝ Red
I guess we’ll just have to adjust.
- DC: Joss Whedon, we cannot make your Wonder Woman movie because there’s too much ancient mythology, you set it in World War II, and you are just some TV guy. Also, you know, she's a chick.
- Marvel: HEY EVERYBODY, WE’RE GOING TO MAKE A THOR MOVIE! AND THERE’S GOING TO BE FROST GIANTS AND SWORDS AND MAGIC AND A RAINBOW BRIDGE AND EVERYTHING!
- Marvel: AND WE’RE GOING TO MAKE A CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE! AND THERE’S GOING TO BE NAZIS AND NEWSREELS AND A WORLD’S FAIR AND OLD TIMEY CARS AND EVERYTHING!
- Marvel: AND WE’RE GOING TO MAKE AN AVENGERS MOVIE! HEY DO YOU WANT TO DIRECT THE AVENGERS, JOSS WHEDON??
- Joss Whedon: Can I make Black Widow the most badass of the team and also add Maria Hill played by the actress I wanted to play Wonder Woman?
- Marvel: TOTES!
- The Avengers: *makes $1.5 billion*
- DC: … So we’ll make Superman gritty like Batman. The kids like Batman, right?